Happy 50th Birthday GenEq, October 1972
Celebrate with us; Make a Gift Today!
In 1972, the Center for the Continuing Education of Women opened its doors. However, many alumni might better know us as the Women's Resource Center. Over the years the center expanded programming and advising to include LGBTQ+ communities and provide resources to address sexual and relationship violence. Staffed by 4 full time professionals, assisted by 25 undergraduate interns and 6 graduate student interns, we serve the entire campus community of all students, faculty, staff, Doctoral Scholars and Alumni
Help us sustain and grow for another 50 years as we continue enhancing belonging and inclusion for our LGBTQ+ and Women’s communities.
GenEq 50 to 100 Campaign
Giving Day 2022
Your generous gift will go toward sustaining and growing the resources of GenEq that advance our values of inclusion, justice and belonging. In addition, you will be the benefactor to sustaining undergraduate and graduate student internships in GenEq. GenEq is known for bringing Cal together, which we do through partnering with departments and organizations across campus and the greater bay area.
Any level of donation is welcome because every bit counts. A one time $5 donation = 24 ballpoint pens, whereas a $5 recurring monthly donation is enough to feed 4 interns during our August of January intern retreat and training
Below, we have illustrated some examples of how modest amounts of your generosity will make a huge difference for women and LGBTQ+ students at UC Berkeley. .
For less than $2 a day YOU will contribute to our community enrichment programs
- Make a $50 monthly commitment today.
- YOU can positively impact the campus experience of the hundreds of LGBTQ and Women students who attend our educational and social events.
- Your Gift = increased sense of inclusion and belonging that comes with connecting with others
- Your generosity here contributes to purchasing supplies, food, and applicable services which aid in creating events that meet the diverse needs of the LGBTQ & Women’s communities
- Your support buoys initiatives that empower all women to reach their fullest potential both at Cal and beyond; experiencing a close knit community of women who support one another.
- Your donation enhances events such as
- Fall and Spring new LGBTQ+ student social mixers and resource exposition
- Lavender Graduation, LGBTQ graduation celebration
- Annual campus Women’s Leadership Awards
- Presentations and education to broader campus community how to be LGBTQ inclusive and/or recognizing and addressing sexism and other gender bias
- Hosting dynamic speakers such as: Cleve Jones, Michelle Mijung Kim, Lorretta Ross, & Bob the Drag Queen
- (keep scrolling)
For less than $4 a day YOU will positively affect a student intern’s experience at UC Berkeley
- Make a $100 monthly commitment today. Every 4 donors = 1 internship
- Students with campus jobs are more likely to have a richer campus life and achieve their academic goals
- Your generous gift goes directly into the pockets of our student interns who are working on improving campus life for LGBTQ and Women students
- Your generosity will assist interns in offsetting the cost of attending UC Berkeley thus reducing student stress
- $100 a month sustains programs such as
- LGBTQ and Women’s peer advising
- Our Monologues: a peer advising writing seminar and theater performance focused on ending gender based violence (formerly the Vagina Monologues)
- Transgender Student Wellness Initiative
- Student Intern skill development; peer supervision, budgeting, event planning, marketing, and public speaking
The interns are our backbone without them our community enrichment would suffer. Moreover, the other work of GenEq will be impacted such as our policy work on initiatives like the Gender Recognition and Lived Names Policy (diversity.berkely.edu/grln), or providing training on gender and sexuality inclusion to various campus departments.
Be a part of the first donors who participate in the 50 to 100 campaign.
Join us in ensuring the work of GenEq endures another 50 years and more
Come home to Geneq!