Increase Diversity and Belonging for Berkeley's Graduate Students!
You can change the diversity profile of tomorrow's leaders!
Known for its diversity in students and thinking, UC Berkeley graduates more underrepresented students than any other Ivy League caliber research institution.
Graduate students at Berkeley become thought leaders and innovators in their fields while improving our community and our world. By increasing diversity in graduate students, we are building diversity into the leadership of tomorrow.
The Inclusive Excellence Hub is the first campus-wide community hub exclusively dedicated to increasing academic excellence through diversity and belonging at Berkeley by housing transformational programs that lead the nation in inclusivity and belonging.
The Hub is a vibrant home to current students with programs that also attract highly qualified prospective graduate and undergraduate students from underrepresented backgrounds as they tour campus, becoming a highly visible example of Berkeley’s mission as a beacon of opportunity for promising students from every background.
Our goal is to raise $2,000 to support four Diversity & Community Fellows for the Fall 2023 semester.
Programming and Support you'll find at the Hub:
- Diversity & Community Fellows – graduate students who serve as peer mentors providing a listening ear and developing programming to build community for graduate students navigating their academic programs and campus life
- Path to the Professoriate – a learning community to promote and encourage students from groups historically underrepresented in higher education with preparation for faculty positions
- Dissertation Writing Workshops – to provide dissertation writing support and scaffolding
- Resident Faculty Mentors of Color – faculty members in residence to mentor graduate and undergraduate students and lead by example
- Transfer Student Research Intro – workshops and mentoring opportunities in partnership with the Transfer Office specifically designed to introduce undergraduate transfer students to the campus research landscape and graduate education possibilities
Increase diversity and belonging for Berkeley's Graduate students to change the leadership of tomorrow!
Thank you :)
Learn more by visiting the Inclusive Excellence Hub website or email firstname.lastname@example.org