As we approach the year's end, it's impossible to ignore the overwhelming challenges defining our world.
In these trying times, the Greater Good Science Center remains committed to being a beacon of hope, providing science-based insights and inspiration to uplift individuals and communities.
With your help, we’ll continue to touch the lives of millions of individuals, communities, and organizations worldwide—illuminating the path toward a more resilient, compassionate, and thriving society, just when we need it most.
It’s clear that our resources have impacted millions in 2023:
The Science of Happiness podcast: 13,331,757 downloads
Greater Good magazine: 15,276,647 articles read
All GGSC online courses: 1,030,533 enrollees to date
99% of our audience say that we have
expanded their knowledge about the keys to well-being.
93% of health professionals in our audience
gain useful professional skills and knowledge from our work.
88% of educators in our audience say our work has had
a positive effect on their well-being, and more than half report that
those benefits extend to their students.
Just as gratifying are the stories that we hear from members of our community. Here’s what two of them shared recently:
"I was so happy to find the 'Gratitude Practice for Nurses Toolkit' online. As a healthcare provider, I have sometimes found myself overwhelmed with all that can occur in a hospital. I think the kit that you have created is something that is immensely valuable and can play a critical role in decreasing burnout in a healthcare setting."
"I experience a fair amount of anxiety on the road... One day I was really panicking (while driving!) and I searched for "happiness" on Spotify and literally stumbled onto this podcast. It was the talk show I didn't know I needed... I've laughed and I've cried, and it has truly been healing to listen to a lot of these episodes."
Thank you for making our work possible!
If you’re able to pitch in this season, we'll be grateful for your tax-deductible donation of any amount.
Gift Details & Shipping Dates:
- All donors of $50+ will receive our new Greater Impact quarterly e-newsletter, sharing stories from the folks we serve, insider updates on what's coming next, and special offers only for GGSC supporters!
- We've partnered with Holstee for our campaign gifts this year because they're our publishing partner for this year's new Greater Good Toolkit for Kids (and our original Greater Good Toolkit). We love their products, and we hope you will too.
- Holstee's $10 discount code will be included in your thank-you email when you give $50 or more. The code is valid at holstee.com only through 12/31/23.
- Holstee Gift Cards, Reflections Decks & Toolkits for Kids will be shipped by Holstee in 3 batches:
- Donations made by 12/10 -- receive Holstee gifts by 12/24.
- Donations made 12/11-12/15 -- Holstee gifts ship by 12/18, may not arrive by 12/24.
- Donations made 12/16-12/31 -- Holstee gifts ship first week of January.
- GGSC Hats & Tote Bags will be mailed from our Berkeley office in January.
Please reach out to Betsy with any questions about this year's campaign gifts!
Thank you for your generosity.
We wish you happiness and well-being in 2024!
Greater Good Science Center is a fully tax-exempt non-profit operating under the 501(c)(3) status of the University of California, Berkeley, and the governance of the UC Regents. The university’s federal tax ID number is 94-6002123.
Checks may be made payable to "UC Berkeley Foundation." Please write "GGSC" in the Notes field of your check, so that it will be allocated correctly. Our address is:
Greater Good Science Center, 2425 Atherton Street, MC 6070, Berkeley, CA 94720-6070
If you would like to make a credit card gift by phone, please call Gift Services at 510.643.9789.
For more information about matching gifts, stocks/securities, wire transfers, and additional ways to give, please visit: https://give.berkeley.edu/faq
For additional assistance with making your tax-deductible donation, please contact Betsy Cardis at: bcardis (at) berkeley (dot) edu